- Preschool Readiness is a ministry reaching at-risk children ages 3 and 4 in North Aiken and Graniteville. Our goal is to teach each child about Jesus and show them the great love He has for each one of them. We also help prepare the children for kindergarten through academic instruction, which includes basic computer skills. In addition, we teach them discipline, respect and basic classroom skills: listening, sharing and taking turns. We enjoy many fun activities together, such as crafts, games puzzles and much more. Parents are also encouraged to participate and work in the classrooms. Train Up Academy meets every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM at the Christ Central North Campus (1411 York Street in the River of Life Education Building). Trinity Academy meets every Tuesday and Wednesday morning from 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM at 6 Hickman Street in Graniteville.
- Food Distribution Program provides emergency food boxes for families in need. Our goal is to feed the hungry while treating them with respect and demonstrating God’s love through service. In doing this, we build relationships with the recipients that allow us to share the love of Christ. Since 1999, this outreach has grown to handle over 60 families per day. Weekly food distributions are every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM at the Christ Central Mission near Wal-Mart (3605 Richland Avenue West in Aiken).
- Clothing Distribution Program provides free clothing and household items for families in need. Our goal is to serve these families with a hand up, not just a handout. Weekly clothing distributions are Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM at the Christ Central Mission near Wal-Mart (3605 Richland Avenue West in Aiken).
Evangelism Prayer Ministry provides one-on–one prayer for the needs of those coming to Christ Central for help. Our goals are to :
- point people to God in prayer, asking Him to supply their needs
- help people see that God hears and answers prayer by keeping prayer journals
- build relationships with each person through prayer
- walk individuals through the steps of salvation if prompted by the Holy Spirit
The Prayer Ministry meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM at the Christ Central Mission near Wal-Mart (3605 Richland Avenue West in Aiken).
- Kids Klub is a ministry for at-risk children ages 5-12. Our goal is to create a safe, wholesome environment for these young children. In doing this, we build relationships of love and a sense of community in the body of Christ through worship, prayer, fun and fellowship. Activities include crafts, field trips, music and lunch. Kids Klub meets every Saturday morning from 10:00 AM – 12:00 noon at the Christ Central Mission near Wal-Mart (3605 Richland Avenue West in Aiken).
- Women’s Ministry provides a Christian influence and encouragement to single women raising children on their own. We support these women through fellowship, strengthening them in Godly principles and teaching them life skills. The ministry also offers a class on Healthy Eating and Cooking, which meets every Tuesday from 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM at the Christ Central Mission near Wal-Mart (3605 Richland Avenue West in Aiken.
- Free Fast Track GED Program provides a second chance for people who have dropped out of school to complete their high school education requirements. Our goal is to help people get better jobs, pursue higher education or meet the entrance requirements of the military. Classes meet every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM at the Christ Central North Campus (1411 York Street in the River of Life Education Building). Saturday classes are provided on an as needed basis from 9:00 AM – 4:30PM at the Christ Central Missions Division Office at 267 Laurens Street in Aiken.
- Fit and Ready for the Job Market includes special training in: Janitorial Skills, Food Industry, or Lawn Care. It also includes Life Skills, Money Matters, Job Search, Workplace Etiquette, Interview Skills, Resume Writing, Conflict Resolution, Understanding Attitudes. Classes take place at Hope Center, 3 Hickman Street, Graniteville. Call 803.393.4575 for more information.
- Mentoring Centers provide one-on-one mentoring of school children in order to encourage them to stay in school and graduate. Our goal is to match one adult with one child to build a relationship of love and trust. This helps children stay in school at the appropriate grade level for their age. These ministries also strive to help each child develop fully in spirit, soul and body according to God’s plan. The Mentoring Center at the Christ Central North Side accommodates 5 – 16 year olds. They meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30pm-7:30pm. It is located at 1411 York Street in the River of Life Education Building. Pat Sauls, director. The Graniteville After School Mentoring accommodates 5K – 5th grade. They meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30pm-5:00pm. It is located at Hope Center, 3 Hickman Street, in Graniteville from 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM. Donna Pascal, Director.
- Family Ministry aims to point people to Jesus Christ through preaching and teaching the Word of God. Bible study and prayer sessions for adults are held every Wednesday evening from 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM. Sunday morning services are also offered from 10:30 AM – 11:45 AM. A monthly men’s fellowship night is held the 2nd Sunday of the month, the ministry visits those who are housebound, hospitalized of in nursing homes. All sessions and services take place at the Christ Central Mission near Wal-Mart (3605 Richland Avenue West in Aiken).
- Hope Center is a community center built at the site of the deadly train wreck/chlorine spill in Graniteville in 2005. It is a center of hope and help. It offers educational opportunities from birth to senior adult, and is a safe haven for children and youth after school, providing both job training and creation for the Graniteville community. Some of the services offered include: Preschool, after school mentoring, culinary arts training, banquets/events planning, carpentry certification, free GED training/testing, child advocacy, computer lab and sports activities. Hope Center is located at 3 Hickman Street in Graniteville and can be reached at 803-393-4575.